Friday, March 03, 2006

Off the grid

I may disappear for up to two weeks, as the new baseball game for the PS2 should be out today.

I say "should" because of the three release dates I've seen (on the game's web site, in the Best Buy ad and on a review site) this is the last date listed and the one Best Buy had.

This will be baseball's first foray into the single-publisher arena, as EA was shut out and forced to make a college baseball game (which I've heard is surprisingly solid). After the Madden franchise took over football and killed competition in the gaming world, 989 Sports struck back just to screw EA - good for them.

There's next to no buzz for this new game, so if it's any good remains to be seen. I'll spare you too many details.

When I went in Tuesday night, I looked around for the game and didn't see it. This wasn't surprising, considering that no one seemed to know when it'd be hitting the shelves. Then "The Best Buy Guy" waddled over and against my better judgment I asked if it was out yet.

What I got was a short discourse on when DVDs and games and music are traditionally released. I wanted to tell him that a.) The manufacturer's site had listed Tuesday as the release date and that b.) He was an anus, but I figured over three decades of involuntary celibacy was punishment enough.

When is comic book release day again?

No comments: