Friday, August 04, 2006

Race in Peace, Ralph

Ran across this tonight on Wikipedia which lists little-known names for some fairly famous people.

I've enjoyed Ralph Earnhardt and Norman Julius "Boomer" Esiason in the "E's" and countless others thoughout.

I think this list could be pretty deadly in the hands of the right heckler. I mean, Dusty Baker can use "Dusty" as a stage name of sorts to ignore the venom heading his way at home and on the road, but I'm betting you could rattle him using the same name his mother gave him.

I'm already making mental notes incase I'm ever asked to manage.

I'm talking even something like Little League. The other parents would come up to shake hands at the first day of practice and I'd grin and say very sincerely, "Hi, I'm Dave!" Then I could spend the rest of the season blissfully ignoring the ongoing commentary from the stands centering on how badly Dave sucks as a manager.

Man, Dave should never have ordered that beanball. There's just no room for that in children's sports.

No comments: