Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bad dog! Bad!

I see my fair share of dogs in any given week. Mostly on Wednesday when I help out at a puppy class at the Humane Society, but you'll see them all over.

It's funny because I'm getting to the point where I can see problems as I sit at a stoplight (usually because people aren't paying attention to their dogs, letting them pull, etc. and usually while they're on a cell phone - shocker, huh?) and know what they should be doing instead.

Now, I can't fix these same problems with my dog, but it's getting to be like those guys who can hear a problem in a car's engine or drivetrain and diagnose it before you can even see it.

The thing is that you don't need to be any sort of expert to know what's wrong with this situation. For the record, only one of the teddy bears belonged to Elvis, not the whole collection, but it's still a bummer for the owner of the bear.

If I'm the dog's handler, I'd get a pen, paper and a thesaurus and look up synonyms for "one-time occurance" and "will never happen again" for your next round of guard jobs.

(I'd also bet dollars to donuts that the dog has a fuzzy little chew toy in his kennel).

Also of note:

* The guilty look on the dog's face
* This happened at the Wookey Hole Caves?
* "...leaving fluffy stuffing and bits of bears' limbs and heads on the museum floor..."
* "A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground."
* Heh, Wookey Hole

(Photo from sfgate.com)

No comments: