Monday, August 07, 2006

Brett Favre is clearly insane

I tend to not even notice that football is in season until Week 5 or 6 most years. It's pretty strange, because I used to pull a paycheck and free meals from Green Bay's training camp every summer and I'd have that shit locked down by the second week of August.

Now, I consistiently finish last in my fantasy football league (now accepting submissions for a clever team name!) and can only really keep track of the season's opener by the cold shiver that goes down my spine when Peyton Manning is brought out of cold storage, told the new rules put in place to help the Colts make the Super Bowl and he's told to stop pouting to his wife about last year's playoffs.

(If for no other reason than to rejoice when I type the following words into Google and see my blog among the thousands of possible entries, "Peyton Manning is a fucking fuck." I feel much better now.)

While I have plans to chime in on the prospects of another exciting season of Green Bay Packer football, this will hold folks over in the meantime.

Rest assured, we haven't all had the Kool-Aid with regards to the greatest team Favre has ever been a part of.

Go Pack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that you've had the "Manning Bowl" marked on your calendar for months, right? ;-)