Thursday, April 27, 2006

Two days of hard labor

A few quick things from my return to the working world.

1.) Maybe unemployment wasn't so bad after all. Grass is always greener.

2.) Months of more time spent with dogs than people does weird thing to your brain. I think I was cage guarding my cube yesterday.

3.) It's hard to not sound like an ex-con when giving an employment history. "I did a year in DC and another year in Chicago... Put in a nickel at a south side newspaper before that." My new work friends Red and Andy nodded knowingly.

4.) Wearing khakis to work feels a little like I lost or something. If my 19-year-old self didn't have a serious drinking problem, he'd probably track me down and kick my ass. He's not that motivated or coordinated though.

5.) If things keep up the way they have, I'm going to Dooce myself right out of the new place. Some things are too good to keep to yourself.

6.) Had I gone to work with people pogo-humping on my voicemail, things would have been better. "Dude, check out... damn! Damn! They stopped, I was gonna hold the phone to my ceiling..." Runs a very close second.

No comments: