Monday, October 09, 2006

Are you ready for some football? Because the Pack isn't

I'm trying to get up for the NFL, I really am.

My teams are dead in the baseball postseason, the Twins are dead in the postseason and hockey?

Well, hockey has been dead to me for a few years now. In fact, it's nothing to me now. It's not a brother, it's not a friend. I don't want to know it or what it does. I don't want to see it at the hotels, I don't want it near my house. When sees our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there.

It's that bad - but that's for another time.

In just five short weeks, though I have developed a foolproof way for filling out my pick sheets in Frank the Tank's Pick 'Em League. At the risk of tipping off the other guys, I will share these simple rules.

Quickly, a Pick 'Em League requires that you pick the winner of each game each week. Some require you to pick with the spread in play, ours lets you weight each game in order of confidence. You pick your game that you're most sure of the result in and weight it with a 16 and if it ends up the way you'd guess, you'd get 16 points towards your week's total.

I know, if you're really interested, you know how this rolls and it you needed and if you don't care you quit reading at the headline... moving on.

The foolproof system this year runs as follows -

Pick against:

Raiders
Texans
Lions
Packers
Dolphins

Pick for:

Bears
Colts
Ravens
Saints at home
Patriots

That's it. Just that simple.
I swear that if you're struggling in your league and you do that, you'll be better than average in January. For anything more than that, you've got me... I always suck at fantasy football.

(Photo from GodfatherFilms.com)

No comments: