Sunday, February 25, 2007

Up, up and away

I fly out of Minneapolis for Colorado Springs in four hours and have the usual antsy tics I get when I fly now.

For anyone who has spent even a few minutes with me, you see the immediate problems with these types of situations.

For starters, I hate waiting in lines when the delays are caused by people not paying attention or are unaware of the rules they're expected to play by. That never happens in a security line, right?

When the TSA rules change weekly and some chowderhead is yapping away on his cell phone or is letting their kids run free while they pick their nose in line, it bugs me to no end to stand behind them as they fish for metal in their pockets or their boarding passes that they've misplace in the 150 yards from the ticket counter to the security lines.

This is only compounded by the unfounded anxiety I feel when waiting to pass through the checkpoints.

I hate these things. I hate the fact that the only things standing between me and my flight (and my schedule) is someone who is bound by protocol for simple problems such as trying to take a lighter or pair of scissors onto a flight.

It's weird, I don't mind the flight itself, but I'm such a pain in the ass for staying on schedule and not getting held up by other people that the build up is just hell for me.

At least we're light years safer in the realm of air travel because of all this nonsense, right?

Right?

(Photo from: ISellColoradoSprings.com)

No comments: