Monday, February 12, 2007

Simple pleasures

The weather is cold.

The job is not so much fun.

Overall, it's pretty day to day here in Siberia - but there's hope, campers.

It's Truck Day.

For the socially adept who have better things to follow with their precious moments here on Earth, Truck Day is the day in each major league city when moving trucks line up outside of the respective ballparks and bats, bags and uniforms are loaded in for the trek down to spring training.

I'm almost certain that these are the same photos from last year, but who cares - this means that baseball is just around the corner again.

I know that I've said it before and I'll more than likely say it again, but it's the little things like these that bring a ray of sunshine into my life. Baseball makes things more fun and spring training means baseball is almost here.

Truck Day? Just another step in the dance. After the hot stove talks and the flurry of signings comes Truck Day, then pitchers and catchers and then our yearly trip.

I just hope the Cubs remembered to pack a closer this year.

(Image from Boston.com via BostonDirtDogs.com)

No comments: