Saturday, February 17, 2007

Healthy, healthy me

So, the Girl is doing her level best to trick me into cleaning up my act.

She cooks low-fat, veggie-friendly meals, hides my keys on the roof so I have to walk places and occasionally grabs my hydraulic lift from the garage to tip me off the couch when the weather is better.

For my part, I'll grab a Diet Coke from the vending machines unless I really need the sugar rush from the good stuff.

In an effort to encourage this behavior, she's been noticing when Diet Coke cans appear in the house.

For my part, I've figured out how Diet Coke is better for you - It's so disgusting that no one can finish an entire can, thus cutting your intake of sugar and such in half.

(Image from GeorgiaEncyclopedia.org)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe your theory is spot on - because the fattest people I know "drink" Diet Coke and never get any skinnier...

You're not fat - are you???

Anonymous said...

Watch out for diet/caffeine free colas that contain Phenylalanine it is a "neurotoxin and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death." Since I killed off most of my brain cells in high school , I've stopped enjoying my Diet Caffeine free Coke. Drink on!

Matt G said...

I think the problem is using a diet Coke to wash down a half a side of beef and two pounds of fried taters.

Far be it from me and my spare tire to point fingers, but that always baffles me.

I tend to go for broke and get ALL the sugar with my Coke when I eat 3/4's a pound of beef on a hamburger bun, but then again, I do believe in doing things the right way.

Anonymous said...

The only thing that's different between drinking urine and drinking anything with Nutrasweet: at least drinking urine hasn't been proven to cause cancer in rats.