Monday, February 27, 2006

An amicable seperation

I tend to be pretty wordy. That's just a fact.

This gets out of hand at dinner parties and when the subject turns to baseball. Not so much baseball e-mails, but baseball on the blog. Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket, does it get out of control there.

As I've been fighting with whether or not to post team-by-team previews with stats and rosters and all sorts of good stuff, I think I've found a happy medium.

The other blog - Siberian Baseball - will catch all of the baseball posts from Siberia, Minn. as well as the baseball-related garbage that interests me and lets me nerd out with VORP and WHIP and other Bill James-related nonsense.

Whereas a good friend of mine strives for logical, fact-based analysis, I don't care about that as much. I believe in team chemistry and obscure players who keep clubhouses loose. I would like to write about all of that and more, without feeling guilty for clogging up the other blog with 32 team capsules that most people I know could care less about.

So, for the nerds, statheads and other deviants, the new page is for us. And everyone else can be left alone, safe in the knowledge that long essays about knuckleball catchers will be kept to a minimum and on the other page.

At least until October.

No comments: