Friday, March 16, 2007

Stupid, stupid me

If I could only learn to take some of my own advice, I could be president.

Instead, I keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

Case in point is my rapidly deteriorating NCAA bracket. Exhibit A? Illinois over Virginia Tech and Southern Illinois, eventually losing to Kansas.

To paraphrase Denny Green, the Illini are who we thought they were, only I was too blinded by the allure of talent to notice it.

We're on vacation in Fort Myers to see some Spring Training games and gators, so I'm TiVo-less right now, but I still have no idea what happened at the end of the game there.

I'm sure it will all be covered in Frank the Tank's suicide note.

* One point that really bugged me was following Brian Randle's two missed free throws on the technical foul, the announcing team was quick to point out that he "made up for it" by grabbing a rebound moments later and going back up for a quick two points.

When you lose 54-52, you didn't really "make up" for those two points with a layup. You're at 50 percent.

* In a weird twist Thursday as we were traveling, we stopped for a layover in Atlanta. I assume it's a CNN deal, but every television in the airport was on TNT for a Miami Heat game. I was practically homicidal trying to find updated scores.

Why didn't I just dial in some wireless web? Because ESPN hadn't updated the men's college basketball scores yet... since last year.

When I can't get real time sports scores from an airport, the terrorists have won.

(Image from: antennaballstore.com)

No comments: