Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hindsight is 20/20

I'm sitting around my hotel room last night when the phone rings.

Me: Hello?

Justin Timberlake: Hey, it's JT, what's new? You still out of town?

M: Yeah. Looks like I'll be stuck here another day because of weather.

JT: Bummer, I hate when that happens. So what are you up to tonight, then?

M: Well, I'm sitting in my PJs, scarfing down a burrito and watching sports on ESPN. I'm geting salsa all over the floor.

JT: Damn. You know when I wrote that song for you a year or so ago?

M: Which one?

JT: SexyBack.

M: Oh, yeah. That was pretty rad.

JT: Looks like I really jumped the gun on that one, huh?

M: Don't beat yourself up over it. It'll be OK. I gotta let you go - you're chewing up my minutes.

JT: OK, later homeboy.

(Photo from: telegraph.co.uk)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd blame the frigid arctic temperatures on making your mind go numb - but you aren't in Minnesota right now.

Perhaps it's the high altitude...

Matt G said...

You're just jealous.

This post is pure gold, baby...

Anonymous said...

whats really funny is way back in the day I was at my cousins house up north..apparently one of the n sync boys are from around there and my cousin and her friends got a hold of his phone number and we we prank calling them. hmmh. those were the days.

Matt G said...

Again, perhaps it's the high altitude...