Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Just when you thought you'd seen everything

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of an online stock photo house that allows graphic guys like him to pick up background photos on the cheap.

From talking to The Girl, she says a friend of hers who is in graphics uses the site quite a bit, too. The point is that it's not a total fly-by-night operation here.

Short story, long is that I worked my way through the photographer tutorial and learned all about what types of images they need - high comedy if you need a little break at work - and what they will and won't accept.

Suffice to say, don't send in blurry pictures of your junk from a camera phone because that shit won't play at iStock.com.

As I kept poking around the site and found the forum where people looking for images can interact with people posting and selling them. These people don't pull punches.

Need a fat lady? Done.

Does that fat lady need to be holding an ice cream cone and punching a nun? Give them a few hours to rent the nun costume. Oh, and make the nun Asian. Maybe with an eye patch.

I really think I might have missed my calling by not getting into advertising. Those people do not screw around at all and I totally dig that about them.

(Image from: The-Digital-Picture.com)

No comments: