Sunday, May 20, 2007

Two views on Iraq

As I've pointed out before, I tend to shy away from getting to charged up with national politics here because a.) I'm shamefully uninformed and b.) those predisposed to respond to blog posts on national politics usually aren't.

It's one thing to look ignorant in front of a small audience, it's quite another to go and invite that pain into your own house.

Still, when I see things trending one way or another - at least enough to make for an interesting post - I'll generally jump on board.

With that in mind, Al Gore is releasing his new book An Assault on Reason which is designed to take it to President Bush in the same week I stumbled across a Boston.com photo essay that breaks down what the country could have purchased with the money spent to fund the war in Iraq for one year.

It's kind of sickening, really.

Both are pretty quick reads - and the Boston.com piece is almost all pictures - and they'll give you something to kick around for the day.

Once again, if Gore had been half as personable as he's been since he lost the election, he wouldn't have had any problems winning in the first place.

No comments: