Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Vroom, vroom...

I'm surfing CraigsList tonight looking for a possible work truck to keep the miles off my baby for unknown reasons - really, what do I have to gain by keeping a truck with 125,000 miles on it at this point? - and every few minutes I lean over to The Girl and make her laugh.

Sorry if the links go down before you see them - the pertinent quotes have been included and I hope you get a chance to see some of these trash heaps.

The highlights?

* This little gem - Only one bullet hole. Well shit, only one? Awesome, how late will you be up tonight? I'll run right over.

* Also, there are a minimum of two school busses on sale (sweet) which I bet would make hauling gear to work sites pretty simple.

* This guy got screwed pretty badly - "I have a loan on this truck for $3,700 dollars." That's for 189,000 miles on a banged up Toyota. And there's nearly 4,000 bucks left. Wow.

* And this is really great - "Please take it away, starts runs good no forward gears... " That might be a problem. Unless you want it to just sit around in such a sweet ride to wait for the girls to be drawn to it like iron shavings to a magnet.

Man, that guy sounds more desperate than the dude with four grand left on that other heap.

Something tells me this isn't over quite yet...

(Photo from CraigsList posting)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah.
I really miss having you here at work...
I searched for the Hacksaw Jim Dugan footage of him flipping a purple bus - but can't find it anywhere.