Monday, November 20, 2006

Don't even joke about stuff like that

The Girl and I had to go to church last week to meet with a deacon who would be filling out the paperwork to allow us to move ahead with church counseling, church-related wedding planning and other things we need to complete to get married - you guessed it - in a church.

Let me just say that some of the questions were odd and I had to restrain myself several times to keep from making smart-ass comments that may or may not have put our wedding in jeopardy.

I really wanted to ask if when they asked a bride and groom (to be) sitting at the same table in the same room when they were engaged - and did so seperately - if they've ever had different answers.

I can see if it were some sort of test and all, but still.

Also, I had about three green card-related jokes to the question, "Are you here to be married in a Catholic church free of duress..."

Maybe four.

All would have killed. Most would have killed the wedding.

No comments: