Saturday, September 02, 2006

Running jokes for you and your loved ones

One of the biggest changes between living with the guys and living with a girl is that a lot of the running jokes dry up.

Instead of playing along, they just tell you to shut up around the 10th or 11th time that you repeat yourself, waiting for a bit to take hold.

That won't stop me, though.

Cable has been playing Walking Tall starring the Rock and Johnny Knoxville (who has a cameo on Appalachian Emergency Room on SNL right now and used the term "ABC, the ass-ball connection") over and again and it's allowed me to pound the following joke into the ground and feel free to use it around your house as well.

The Girl (wandering into the living room and unaware of the program I'm watching): "What movie is this?"

Me (as Knoxville stabs a man with a potato peeler or the Rock hits someone with a thick piece of lumber): "Dunno, some little indie, arthouse flick on IFC."

It usually takes a second for her to call me on my bullshit, but I've found the more violent the scene in the movie, the better it is for my personal entertainment.

(Image from: darkhorizons.com)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can SO appreciate that! A couple weeks ago I had the Mrs. convinced that Sammy Sosa was back in the bigs pitching relief for the Cardinals. It lasted an inning and a half - she was even amazed at how much weight he had lost! It wasn't until they flashed a graphic displaying Jorge Sosa's stats that I got a pillow thrown in my face from across the living room...