Sunday, September 17, 2006

Football Pregame Roundup

A few, quick things before kickoff today:

Koren Robinson in Green Bay?

For all of the back and forth this week and a bit of last about Robinson, a player with a history of problems with the bottle, and Green Bay, a city that is infinitely more bearable when you have a bottle or two, I think for once the concern is warranted.

Regardless of his performance on the field, the fact remains that he's essentially drank his way out of two cities so far, so this doesn't bode well.

Will this be the wakeup he needs? I'd like to pull for this guy, but it doesn't look good at all.

Let me leave you with this: When Brett Favre had his issues years ago with painkillers he was on record as asaying he'd wished he'd kept his mouth shut so he could keep drinking his beer. Mr. Robinson, meet your new team's leader.

I have a lot to say on this move, but think I'll wait until later in the season to open that can of bees.

Muchas Smoochas

I think Terry Bradshaw and Joe Buck should get a room. What the hell is talking about with the story about his hound dog? And why is he grabbing Buck's jaw like he's going to plant one on him?

I'm sure Fox sees this as money well spent.

Post-Concussion Syndrome

I'm not sure how I feel about these poor old QB's like Troy Aikman and Dan Marino being paraded out in front of the cameras, obviously unaware of whether they're in their living rooms or on a playing field.

Psychosomatic scent triggers and general confusion are not entertainment, people.

It's kind of sad, really.

No comments: