Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm just saying, is all...

I'm not a punk. I've never claimed to be punk. I'm far too old to get a mohawk and start flipping people off in the supermarket at this point, so chances are, I'll never be a punk.

However, I can respect the movement and understand how punks get pissed off at the state of music today.

Exhibit A: Good Charlotte.

Don't get me wrong, they have some catchy tunes and had a pretty good run for a while, but when kids in Nebraska see the Madden boys and say, "Fuck yeah! Punk rock!" I have nothing but sympathy for those who seethe with rage at the state of affairs.

So, when I see photos pop up like these on What Would Tyler Durden Do? I just chuckle.

No matter how hard core you want people to think you are, no matter how much crap you accessorize your outfit with and no matter how many know-nothing teenagers worship at your feet, there's a good chance your parents will come to visit and ruin all of it.

Seriously, they look like the couple down the street from me. I thought those guys were orphans or something. I remember Rolling Stone doing a sidebar on how they'd worked as busbiys to keep he family afloat and such. Maybe it's a typo and they are her parents, but regardless, this is not the second coming of the Sex Pistols.

Safe to say, rock n' roll hardcore doesn't do brunch.

Yes, I see your tats and piercings... No, they're not helping...

(Photo from Prensa.com)

No comments: