Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Prairie Ho/Companion

Lindsay Lohan will be in St. Paul tomorrow – do I need to update my shots or something? What kind of precautions do I need to take with regards to boiling water before drinking it and such? How long do I need to run the shower before I can enter it without fear of having my skin revolt and make a run for it, Tom and Jerry style?

Per a discussion with a co-worker, I contend that Garrison Keillor, one of the four sports teams and freezing temperatures are the only things people associate with Minnesota. The funny thing is that he claims to have no knowledge of Keillor, which is kind of like growing up in Chicago and denying the existence of Abe Lincoln or Mayor Richard J Daley.

While he can spout a list of Minnesota firsts and bests from the alleged apprehension of the James gang to the largest public hanging (it was a slow century after that) it’s pretty difficult to nail down anything of real substance. Mall of America, Viking sex cruises, trees and cold.

I say those are the heavy hitters if a random slice of random people were picked from around the United States and asked to list off Minnesota’s institutions.

(Photo from WWTDD.com)

No comments: