Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wild and Wooly? Funtown, USA? Sold!

I didn't even know today was the 30th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death but if there's a silver lining to that, it's the Elvis movie marathon on TCM today.

Secondarily, it's nice to have the wedding date locked in (with the associated deposits!) so that if I watch this all night, there's no way I'll be dumped for such sloth, bad taste or overall weirdness.

I searched and searched for a Melvis clip from Eek the Cat, but apparently there's some Internet law against awesome, because those are nowhere to be found. Second place goes to this trailer for Viva Las Vegas which is a favorite of mine.

Bad acting, goofy songs and a formula made even more ridiculous by Melvis and Eek are hallmarks of any Elvis movie worth its salt and Blue Hawaii has all of those and more. With Elvis' range spanning from singing to not singing to kind of confused, I can't imagine anyone else taking his place on the silver screen.

Honestly, who would even attempt movies this ridiculous on a repeated basis? You know, other than R. Kelly, I guess. Any more ideas? That's what the comment section is for.

No comments: