Sunday, November 18, 2007

The System

I know that the city of Chicago does not have my personal best interest in mind in any of the decisions it makes. In fact, I like to think of Mayor Daley as storming around his office complaining about how much better the city would be if there was no one in it.

This was evident this week when I saw the street sweepers pass through and then the tickets for the cars that weren't moved go up after that. Sneaky, sneaky.

I've been on the receiving end of this before, where I saw the street sweepers work and leave and then moved my truck back before lunch. When I came back, the ticket was waiting for me.

I'm convinced this isn't a timing issue as much as policy designed to drive the city's revenue. Bastards.

The story is the same in my monthlong quest for a city sticker. You would think that you'd be able to find a city sticker at the local alderman's office, but you'd be wrong.

Finally, if you want a good laugh, try finding hotel rooms in Green Bay during football season. Craphole rooms that retail under $50 per night are suddenly in demand and the price goes through the roof.

Yes, Frank, I know - supply and demand. I was awake in Mr. Chasey's Econ Class and sitting right next to you every morning - it doesn't make it right.

I'm wondering how much an RV would run me for the weekend.

(Image from: CheeseheadUniversity.com)

No comments: