Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Home on the road

It's getting easier to pass through the TSA checkpoints and aside from the occasional knucklehead ahead of me - "Take off the belt, dude... The belt... Beeeeeeeep." - the travel schedule has been pretty easy to handle.

I'm in New Jersey tonight and even I'm amazed at the amount of toys that I pack for each trip. Between the gear for the jobs - GPS, laptop, etc. - and the iPod and PSP for airport amusement, I have enough here to keep me busy for days on end if some freak snowstorm were to attack the east coast in the first week of November.

While I've spent hours trying to imagine working with install crews prior to the Internet and online mapping programs like Mapquest, I can only begin to process how boring business trips used to be without all of this extra junk.

It's enough to make a Buddhist vomit over the dearth of simplicity.

They're really no picnic with them, either - business travel in the 1980s must have really sucked a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you going to change the name of your blog now that you are back in Chicago.

And I bet you were an asshole the other day after leaving the store.