Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Got two? Need two?

In what is becoming a big, big mess, the tickets to the Tuesday night Obama rally are gone and people are trying to find tickets by any means possible.

In 2008, this of course means that people are hitting the Internet. The hitch is that you need a photo ID and so those blocks of two tickets are really a "one plus" situation.

Buddy system, anyone?

My favorite part of the Tribune's write up is the analysis of the Google trends feature, served with a side of sarcasm:

The Web site Google Trends recorded a heavy volume of searches for "Obama rally tickets" at 8 p.m. Tuesday and an even bigger spike at 7 a.m. today - making it the 38th most popular search term this morning on Google, behind "Rashid Khalidi" and "Tracy Morgan," but still more urgent than "vivisection" and "Halloween facts."

Well, at least we have our priorities straight. I need my Tracy Morgan news at least twice a week, but then, who doesn't?

2 comments:

Matt G said...

Well, I'll have front row seats for the riot then, right?

Anonymous said...

Just make sure you come on home at the end. I ain't raising this kid by myself. ;)