Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wait, how many hot dogs did I eat?

I stumbled across a link in Wired - still the best magazine no one reads - for a graphic designer in New York who publishes a yearly recap of what he did during the past 365 days.

Not just in a bite-sized family Christmas card kind of way either, this guy gets down to the basics from how many iTunes songs he listened to (and a geographical representation of where the top 50 artists on that list are from) to clothes purchased by color.

It's really an amazing body of work on many levels and is a fascinating time-killer if you page through piece by piece.

This is the sort of thing I'd love to do, but don't have the patience (or short-term memory) for. I imagine that if I were to undertake a project like this, it'd play out like the running timer on Grand Theft Auto that tells you how many days, hours and minutes you've spent playing. While some see it as a badge of honor, others see it as an odometer of time wasted.

Well, that and my miles run would be significantly less than 190.5 - probably more like zero. Then again, I'd totally dominate in the sporting events watched category.

(Image from: Rockstar Games)

No comments: