Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Movies in three sentences or less

In an attempt to keep the copy flowing when I don't have the time or energy to do daily weekly posts, I'm going to try short movie reviews of what I'm getting through Netflix.

Generally, I'll watch anything once, so I'll make sure to warn you of movies that you should never, ever rent - we're looking at you Cold Mountain.

If this whole exercise sucks, I'll stop, honest.

Hot Rod - Funnier than I expected. Worth renting, not buying. Probably only funny if you like Andy Samberg.

Superbad - Hilarious and profane. The fact that my wife refuses to watch the entire movie makes the baby Jesus cry. The soccer scene is one of the best in the movie.

Dave Chappelle's Block Party - One of my favorite concert movies, right behind The Last Waltz. Not a comedy show, but a must for hip hop fans.

The Simpsons Movie - Was it worth the wait? Maybe. Only one curse word that I noticed, but I wasn't really counting, either.

Never Cry Wolf - An old favorite about a man living with wolves in Alaska for a research study. Rent this today if you've never seen it. I remember watching this as a kid and it holds up pretty well.

(Image from: UltimateDisney.com)

No comments: