Thursday, February 07, 2008

Yup, that's the mayor

Sean Connery spoke of the "Chicago Way" in The Untouchables, where he said, "They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"

While this is the type of stereotype that makes Olympic organizers cringe, it gives me a strange sense of pride when my mayor throws being politically correct out the window and just runs his yap.

The mayor took the Chicago Way to a different place when speaking about bicyclists in the city and telling the press that he flips off drivers. I'd pay to be in that car just to have the story to tell my children.

This has to rank up there with Daley's quiet approval of vigilante justice when it comes to the Chicago school of space saving in the wintertime.

I can honestly say that if pictures appeared online in five minutes that showed an angry Daley dumping a bucket of water on someone's windshield, I wouldn't be surprised in the least and I'd probably set it as the wallpaper on my laptop.

(Image from: USAToday.com)

No comments: