Friday, January 27, 2006

Like Punching Ghandi in the Face

Before the player-hatin' commences, let me offer a few preemptive 'shut up's.'

I will more than likely take many, many uncalled for shots at Minnesota, the Twin Cities, the people therein, their quirks, the way they look, talk, drive, dance and the massive umbrella of oddity that is 'Minnesota nice.' This is a given. If that will bother you, stop now and go let your eyes glaze over as you slobber over the state tourism site.

By nature, I am a complainer - this will also begin to wear on you after a while. The only reason I've been able to live with other is that I'm neat. If I begin bitching and ramble along, it may be hard to deal with, considering I have no plans to come over and scour your oven. Not saying it'd never happen, just that I don't have any current plans for it.

Now, had I begun to complain about Chicago or New York, I'd probably be pretty careful about not upsetting the locals. With the time I have on my hands, if I were to come across a site that began to take uncalled for shots at my hometown, I'd send e-mails every day and twice on Sunday just to harass the joker on the other end. There are many more like me who have a.) unhealthy attitudes and b.) an undying love for our hometown.

Up here, while they do love their cities, it's not the same and they are really, really nice. It's sick and it makes me uncomfortable at times. The bottom line is that I don't think Minnesotans have it in them to be truly nasty. Inherently, this isn't a bad thing, but it gets weird after the first weekend. While I'd worry a bit more in a major city, I think I'll be pretty safe here, if for no other reason than the worst mischief these knuckleheads can think of is to throw day old birthday cake at my house.

I'm not saying that the whole focus of this blog is just to thrash Minnesota, butconsider this a warning that it's bound to happen. Like soon. Like within two or three posts soon. Just saying is all...